Why Disk Dr.
Today, Carelax brings you Disk Dr., a revolutionary remedy for the painful condition of herniated disk, whether it is in the lumbar, neck or knee area.
In 2000, Carelax became the exclusive distributors of Disk Dr. for the Middle East and Africa. Recommended by orthopedic surgeons, nerves specialists, chiropractors and
physiotherapists, Disk Dr. is the only portable traction device for the treatment of pain caused by herniated disk and many other painful conditions.
The Disk Dr. has a unique and patented air-traction design that sets it apart from all other available back/neck supports which are intended solely to restrict movement of the lumbar/cervical spine. The Disk Dr. not only provides superbly comfortable support, but has the added benefit of applying gentle traction to the lumbar/cervical vertebrae,thereby reducing intra-discal pressure and providing speedy and effective relief of pain.
Pathological investigations carried out by the orthopaedic Surgery Departments at both Inje University Seoul Paik Hospital and Sanggye Paik Hospital since 1995 show that approximately 85% of patients experienced an improvement in their condition within three days of commencement of their use of the Disk Dr.X-ray examinations demonstated an increase of the anterior curvature of the lumbar vertebrae and it was also shown that the interval of the intervertebral discs at the 4th and 5th segments of the lumbar spine were increased by an average of up to 3mm. The resultant lowering of intra-discal pressure by the Disk Dr. has been shown to reduce pain and provide on-going treatment through long-term wearing of the traction belt.
Disk Dr. is a revolutionary approach i
the treatment of lower back and neck pain due to spinal diseases and injuries.
A unique and patented air traction design sets it apart from all other ambulatory supports. Disk Dr. is thin, lightweight and easy to use; it offers a high degree of mobility, alleviating as well as preventing back and
The process is simple: by increasing the intervertebral disc space, pressure applied on the nerve root is relieved,
thereby, eliminating pain while assisting active-rehabilitation. Disk Dr. will speed up your recovery and help you enjoy the daily activities
that were once too difficult.
The Process is simple: by increasing the interval disc space, pressure applied on the nerve root is relieved, thereby, eliminating pain while assisting active-rehabilitation.
* Relaxes muscle spasms, muscle cramps, strain and pain
* Decreases axial loading
* Increases disc height
* Advanced tubeless air cell design for narrow fit
* Can be worn discreetly under clothing
* Helps maintain proper posture (Improper posture places the upper body weight on the discs that causes back pain)
* Assists individuals with strenuous jobs
* Very lightweight and comfortable
* Made of 100% highly durable coton
* Waterproof - moisture-proof resistance material for mavhine washing
* Simple to use
Principle of Operation
The herniated or bulging intervertival disc or herniatede nucleus pulposus applies pressures on the nerve root, causing pain.
Disk Dr. helps resume the appropriate disc or nucleus pulposus by increasing the intervertebral space thereby reducing the pressure between lumbar/cervical vertebrae.
Disk Dr. recommended for:
* Herniated / Bulging discs
* Lumbar acute / chronic sprain
* Spondylolysis and spondisthesis
* Pot-operative lumbar fusion
* Compression fracture in the lumbar region
* Failed Surgery syndrome
* Low back pain due to physical and/or physiological conditions
* Strenuous jobs requiring heavy liftingand/or long hours driving
* Degenerative disc disease
* Spinal stenosis
* Congenital weakness in waist